- Exercise general supervision and control over all programs, projects, services and activities of the municipal government;
- Enforce all laws and ordinances relative to the governance of the municipality and the exercise of its corporate powers, implement all approved policies, programs, projects, services and activities of the municipality;
- Initiate and maximize the generation of resources and revenues and apply the same to the implementation of the development plans, programs and objectives;
- Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by laws or ordinances.
- Approve ordinance and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective municipal government;
- Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development plans, programs and objectives;
- Grant franchises, enact ordinances authorizing the issuance of permits/licenses, or levying of taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the municipality;
- Regulate activities relative to the use of land buildings within the municipality in order to promote the general welfare;
- Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the basic service and facilities;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and function as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
Facebook Page: Sangguniang Bayan – Talavera
- Advise the Mayor, the Sangguniang Bayan and other local and national government officials concerned regarding disposition of local government funds;
- Take custody of, and exercise proper management of the funds of the LGU concerned;
- Take charge of the disbursement of all and such other funds the custody of which may be entrusted to him by law or other competent authority;
- Inspect private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the LGU concerned in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances;
- Maintain and update the tax information system of the LGU; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance
- Functional Statement
- Committed to the care, protection and rehabilitation of that segment of the country’s population, family and community which has the least in life and needs Social Welfare Assistance and Social Work Intervention to restore their normal functioning and participation in community affairs.
- To provide a balanced approach to welfare and development whereby the needs and interests of the population are addressed not only at the outbreak of crisis but more importantly at the stage which inexorably such crisis.
- Formulate measures for the approval of the Sangguniang Bayan and provide technical assistance and support to the Mayor, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provisions of adequate facilities relative to social welfare and development services;
- Develop plans and strategies on social welfare programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor;
- Identifying the basic needs of the needy, the disadvantaged and impoverished and develop and implement appropriate measures to alleviate their problems and improve their living conditions;
- Provide relief and appropriate crises intervention for victims of abuse and exploitation and recommend appropriate measures to deter further abuse and exploitation;
- Assist the Mayor in implementing the barangay program for the total development and protection of children up to 6 years of age;
- Facilitate the implementation of welfare programs for the disabled, the elderly and victims of drug addiction, the rehabilitation of prisoner and parolees, the prevention of juvenile delinquency and such other activities which would eliminate or minimize the ill-effects of poverty;
- Initiate and support youth welfare programs that will enhance the role of the youth in nation-building;
- Coordinate with government agencies and NGOs which have for their purpose the promotion and protection of all needy, disadvantaged, underprivileged or impoverished groups or individuals, particularly those identified to be vulnerable and high-risk to exploitation, abuse and neglect;
- Be in the front-line of service delivery, particularly those concerning immediate relief and assistance during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disaster and calamities;
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- Staff and Personnel
- Social Welfare & Dev’t. Officer
- Social Welfare Officer III
- Social Welfare Asst.
- Clerk IV
- 22 Day Care Workers
Facebook Page: MSWDO – TALAVERA
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government council;
- Conduct continuing studies, researches and training programs necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation;
- Integrate and coordinate all sectoral plans and studies undertaken by the different functional groups or agencies;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different development programs, projects and activities in the LGU concerned in accordance with the approved development plan;
- Prepare comprehensive plans and other development planning documents for the consideration of the LDC;
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the LGU concerned;
- Promote people participation in development planning within the LGU concerned;
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the LDC; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other functions and duties as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- Take charge of the office on health services, supervise the personnel and staff of said office, formulate program implementation guidelines and rules and regulation for the operation of the said office for approval of the Mayor in order to assist him in the efficient, effective and economical implementation of a health services program geared to implementation of health related projects and activities;
- Formulate measures for the consideration of Sangguniang Bayan and provide technical assistance and support to the Mayor, in carrying out activities to ensure the delivery of basic services;
- Develop plans and strategies on health programs and projects, and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor;
- Formulate and implement policies, plans, programs and projects to promote the health of the people in the LGU concerned;
- Advise the Mayor, and the Sangguniang Bayan on matters pertaining to health;
- Execute and enforce all laws, ordinance and regulations relating to public health;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Bayan, through the local health board, the passage of such ordinances as he may deem necessary for the preservation of public health;
- Recommend the prosecution of any violation of sanitary laws, ordinances or regulations;
- Direct sanitary inspectors to inspect all business establishments selling food items or providing accommodations such as hotels, motels, lodging houses, pension houses and the like, in accordance with the Sanitation Code;
- Conduct health information campaigns and render health intelligence services;
- In the case of Municipal Health Officer, exercise general supervision over health officers of municipalities;
- Be in the front-line of the delivery of health services, particularly during in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
- Initiate, review and recommend changes in policies and objectives, plans and programs, techniques, procedures and practices in infrastructure development and public works in general of the LGU concerned;
- Advice the Mayor on infrastructure, public works and other engineering matter;
- Administer, coordinate, supervise, and control the construction, maintenance, improvement, and repair of roads, and other engineering and public works projects of the LGU concerned;
- Provide engineering services to the LGU concerned including investigation and survey, engineering designs, feasibility studies, and project management; and
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to environment and natural resources services;
- Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with environment and natural resources programs and projects which the mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian is empowered to provide;
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the environment and natural resources officer shall:
- Establish, maintain, protect and preserve communal forests, watersheds, tree parks, mangroves, greenbelts and similar forest projects and commercial forest, like industrial tree farms and agro-forestry projects;
- Manage and maintain seed banks and produce seedlings for forests and tree parks;
- Coordinate with government agencies and non- governmental organizations in the implementation of measures to prevent and control land, air and water pollution with the assistance of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources;
- Be in the frontline of the delivery of services concerning the environment and natural resources, particularly in the renewal and rehabilitation of the environment during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters;
- Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the mayor, as the case may be, on all matters relative to the protection, conservation, maximum utilization, application of appropriate technology and other matters related to the environment and natural resources; and
Facebook Page: Municipal Environment and Natural Resources Office
- Develop plans and strategies on civil registry programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor;
- Accept all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons;
- File, keep and preserve in a secure place the books required by law;
- Transcribe and enter immediately upon receipt all registrable documents and judicial decrees affecting the civil status of persons in the appropriate civil registry books;
- Transmit to the Office of the Civil Registrar-General, within the prescribed period, duplicate copies of registered documents required by law;
- Issue certified transcripts or copies of any certificate or registered documents upon payment of the prescribed fees to the treasurer;
- Receive applications for the issuance of a marriage license and, after determining that the requirements and supporting certificates and publication thereof for the prescribed period have been complied with, issue the license upon payment of the authorized fee to the treasurer;
- Coordinate with the NGO in conducting education campaigns for vital registration and assist in the preparation of demographic and other statistics for the LGU concerned; and
Facebook Page: Municipal Civil Registrar’s Office – Talavera
- Formulate measures for the consideration of the Sanggunian, and provide technical assistance and support to the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of facilities through the development of cooperatives, and in providing access to such services and facilities;
- Develop plans and strategies and, upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with the integration of cooperatives principles and methods in programs and projects which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the Sanggunian is empowered to provide for under this Code;
- In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the cooperatives officer shall:
- Assist in the organization of cooperatives;
- Provide technical and other forms of assistance to existing cooperatives to enhance their viability as an economic enterprise and social organization;
- Assist cooperatives in establishing linkages with government agencies and non-government organizations involved in the promotion and integration of the concept of cooperatives in the livelihood of the people and other community activities;
- Be in the frontline of cooperatives organization, rehabilitation or viability-enhancement, particularly during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural calamities and disasters, to aid in their survival and, if necessary subsequent rehabilitation;
- Recommend to the Sanggunian, and advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on all other matters relative to cooperatives development and viability-enhancement which will improve the livelihood and quality of life of the inhabitants; and
- Ensure that all laws and policies governing the appraisal and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes are properly executed;
- Initiate, review, and recommended changes in policies and objectives, plans and program techniques, procedure and practices in the evaluation and assessment of real properties for taxation purposes;
- Establish a systematic method of real property assessment;
- Install and maintain a real property identification and accounting systems;
- Prepare, install and maintain a system of tax mapping, showing graphically all property subject to assessment and gather all data concerning the same;
- Conduct frequent physical surveys to verify and determine as to whether or not all real properties within the municipality are properly listed in the assessment rolls;
- Exercise the functions of appraisal and assessment primarily for taxation purposes of all real properties in the LGU concerned;
- Prepare schedule of fair market values for the different classes of real properties;
- Issue, upon request of any interested party, certified copies of assessment records of real property and all other records relative to its assessment, upon payment of a service charge of fee to the treasurer;
- Submit every semester a report of all assessments, as well as cancellations and modifications of assessments, to the local chief executive and the Sangguniang Bayan concerned; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed.
- Formulate measures for the approval of the Sangguniang Bayan and provide technical assistance and support to the Mayor, in carrying out said measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to agricultural services;
- Develop plans and strategies on agricultural programs and projects and implement them upon approval thereof by the Mayor;
- Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and aquacultural and marine products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs;
- Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural researches and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of, and disseminate information on, basic research on crops, prevention and control of plant diseases and pests and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity;
- Assist the Mayor in the establishment and extension services of demonstration farms or aquaculture and marine products;
- Enforce rules and regulations relating to agriculture and aquaculture;
- Coordinate with NGAs and NGOs which promote agricultural productivity through appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity;
- Be in the front-line of delivery of basic agricultural services, particularly those needed for the survival of the inhabitants during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disaster;
- Recommend to the Sangguniang Bayan and advise the Mayor on all matters related to agriculture and aquaculture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants; and
Facebook Page: Municipal Agriculture Office – Talavera
- Install and maintain an internal audit system in the LGU concerned;
- Prepare and submit financial statement to the Mayor and to the Sangguniang Bayan concerned;
- Appraise the Sangguniang Bayan and other local government officials on the financial condition and operations of the LGU concerned;
- Certify to the availability of budgetary allotment to which expenditures and obligations may be properly charged;
- Review supporting documents before preparation of vouchers to determine completeness of requirements;
- Prepare statements of cash advances, liquidation, salaries / allowances, reimbursements and remittances pertaining to the LGU;
- Prepare statements of journal vouchers and liquidation of the same and other adjustments related thereto;
- Post individuals disbursements to the subsidiary ledger and index cards;
- Maintain individual ledgers for officials and employees of the LGU pertaining to payrolls and deductions;
- Record and post in index cards details of purchased furniture, fixtures and equipment including disposal thereof, if any;
- Account for all issued requests for obligations and maintain to keep all records and reports related thereto;
- Prepare journal and the analysis of obligations and maintain and keep all records and reports related thereto; and
- Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be provided by law or ordinance..
Facebook Page: Municipal Accounting Office – Talavera
Chona Salazar – Human Resource and Management
- Functional Statement
- Responsible on a broad range of concerns including recruitment and examination, promotion, performance evaluation, appointments preparation, leave administration, personnel relations, discipline, benefits and awards and incentives.
- To become more conscious of their duties and obligations towards a more dynamic roll in the professionalism of the bureaucracy;
- To update periodically based on recently promulgated laws, executive pronouncement and feedback from clients;
- To help create an atmosphere conducive to good supervisor-employee relations and improvement of employee welfare and morale and recognizes the employee’s right to self-organization;
- To maintain program of work as far as personnel matters are concerned;
- To recommend all necessary action in hiring, promoting, salary and wage administration and rules and regulations affecting personnel matters;
- To provide government employees adequate opportunity to increase their cognitive and effective skill level relative to their work and role in public service;
- To develop highly competent and professional workforce to sustain the public service delivery.
- Enters in the leave cards all vacation and sick leave of all employees;
- Types of appointments and other supporting documents that will be submitted to the CSC;
- Prepares annual plantilla of personnel and personnel schedule;
- Interviews applicants and newly hired employees;
- Provides technical assistance and advises relative to personnel matters
- Keeps all the records of municipal employee;
- Advice municipal officials on personnel policy, practices and problems;
- Provides personnel services to municipal employees and officials; and
- Exercise such other power and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by CSC Law and rules.
- Staff and Personnel
- Human Resource Mgt. Officer V
- Supervising Administrative Officer
- (Human Resource Mgt. Officer IV)
- Senior Administrative Assistant
- (Data Controller IV)
- Administrative Assistant VI
- (Computer Operator III)
- Administrative Assistant I
- (Computer Operator I)
Facebook Page: Human Resource Management Office – Talavera
- Takes custody of and accountable of all properties owned by the Municipal Development and those granted to it in the form of donation, reparation, assistance and counterpart of join projects
- Maintained and supervise janitorial, security landscaping and other related services
- Perform archival and record management with respect to records of offices and dept. of the Municipal Government
- Perform all functions pertaining to supply and property management heretofore performed by the local government treasurer and enforce policies on records, creation, maintenance and disposal
- Be in the frontline of general services related activities such as the possible or eminent destruction or damage to records supplies, properties and structures
Facebook Page: General Services Office – Talavera
BUSINESS PERMITS AND LICENSING OFFICE FUNCTIONS
- Issue business permits to businesses and commercial establishments located in Talavera, Nueva Ecija;
- Issue occupational permits to applicants who intend to exercise their occupation that requires periodic inspection, surveillance and regulation by the municipality;
- Issue motorized tricycle operator’s permit to prospective operators;
- Provide an effective system of conducting inspections and verifications of all business establishments;
- Monitor and enforce existing laws, ordinances, policies, rules, and regulations in the operations of business, tricycle and occupations in municipality;
- Undertake necessary measures and systems to generate more revenues for the municipality and
- File case if necessary with the appropriate courts for violation of laws and revenue ordinances.
- Maintenance/management of the Business One Stop Shop as mandated by Joint Memorandum Circular 2016 between Department of Interior and Local Government, Department of Trade and Industry and Department of Information and Communications Technology that caters the needs of clients all year round with the guarantee of fast and efficient delivery of services in a conducive and business friendly environment as catered by departments involved like BPLO, Engineering, Zoning, Health and BFP.
- Maintenance of an electronic business permits and licensing system
BUDGET OFFICE FUNCTIONS
- Prepare forms, orders, and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matter for the signature of the Municipal Mayor, as the case may be;
- Review and consolidate the budget proposals of different departments and offices of the Municipality;
- Assist the Municipal Mayor, as the case may be, in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
- Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
- Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
- Coordinate with the treasurer, accountant, and the planning and development coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
- Assist the Sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units;
- Coordinate with the planning and development coordinator in the formulation of the Municipal Development Plan; and
Functions and Responsibilities of MDRRMO
- DRRM Research and Planning
- Design, program, and coordinate DRRM activities, consistent with the NDRRMC’s standards and guidelines;
- Facilitate and support risk assessments and contingency planning activities at the local level;
- Consolidate local disaster risk information which includes natural hazards, vulnerabilities, and climate change risks, and maintain a local risk map;
- Conduct research and development initiatives on DRRM;
- Formulate and implement a comprehensive and integrated Local DRRM Plan (LDRRMP) in accordance with the national, regional, and provincial framework, and policies on DRR in close coordination with the Local Development Council (LDC);
- Prepare and submit to the Local Sanggunian through the Local DRRM Council and the LDC the annual LDRRMO Plan and budget, the proposed programming of the LDRRMF, other dedicated DRRM resources, and other regular funding source/s and budgetary support of the LDRRMO or BDRRMC;
- Maintain a database of human resource and their capacities, equipment, directories, and location of critical infrastructures such as hospitals and evacuation centers;
- Serve as the Secretariat and executive arm of the Local DRRM Council (LDRRMC);
- Recommend through the LDRRMC the enactment of local ordinances consistent with RA 10121;
- Prepare and submit, through the LDRRMC and the LDC, the report on the utilization of the LDRRMF and other dedicated DRRM resources to the local COA, copy furnished the regional director of the Office of Civil Defense (OCD) and the local government operations officer of the DILG; and
- Involve the most vulnerable sectors (women, children, senior citizens, and PWD) in risk assessment and planning
- DRRM Administrative and Training
- Organize and conduct training, orientation, and knowledge management activities on DRRM at the local level;
- Identify, assess and manage the hazards, vulnerabilities and risks that may occur in their locality;
- Identify and implement cost-effective risk reduction measures and or strategies;
- Disseminate information and raise public awareness about those hazards, vulnerabilities, and risks;
- Take all necessary steps on a continuing basis to maintain, provide, or arrange the provision of, or to otherwise make available, suitably-trained and competent personnel for effective civil defense and DRRM in its area;
- Organize, train, equip and supervise the local emergency response teams and the accredited community disaster volunteers (ACDVs), ensuring that humanitarian aid workers are equipped with basic skills to assist mothers to breastfeed;
- Within its area, promote and raise public awareness of, and compliance with RA 10121 and legislative provisions relevant to the purpose of the latter;
- Implement policies, approve plans and programs of the LDRRMC consistent with the policies and guidelines laid down in RA 10121; and
- Train the most vulnerable sectors (women, children, senior citizens, and PWD) in DRRM, especially in disaster preparedness
- DRRM Operations and Warning
- Operate a multi-hazard early warning system, linked to DRR to provide accurate and timely advice to national or local emergency response organizations and to the general public, through diverse mass media, particularly radio, landline communications, and technologies for communication within rural communities;
- Conduct continuous disaster monitoring and mobilize instrumentalities and entities of the LGUs, CSOs, private groups and organized volunteers, to utilize their facilities and resources for the protection and preservation of life and properties during emergencies in accordance with existing policies and procedures
- Develop, strengthen, and operationalize mechanisms for partnership or networking with the private sector, CSOs, and volunteer groups;
- Respond to and manage the adverse effects of emergencies and carry out recovery activities in the affected area, ensuring that there is an efficient mechanism for immediate delivery of food, shelter and medical supplies for women and children, endeavor to create a special place where internally-displaced mothers can find help with breastfeeding, feed and care for their babies and give support to each other;
- Coordinate other DRRM activities;
- Establish linkage and or network with other LGUs for DRR and emergency response purposes;
- Establish a provincial, city or municipal, and barangay DRRM Operations Center;
- Give early warning to the most vulnerable sectors (women, children, senior citizens, and PWD) to respond to their needs; and
- Respond to and manage the adverse effects of emergency and carry out recovery activities to the most vulnerable areas especially to the vulnerable sectors (women, children, senior citizens, and PWD).
TOURISM OFFICE FUNCTIONS
- PROMOTE TOURISM ACTIVITIES.
- CREATE LEISURE OPPORTUNITIES FOR RESIDENTS THROUGH TOURISM ACTIVITIES. PROGRAM, AND PROJECTS.
- MAINTAIN MUNICIPAL ECO-PARK AS LOCAL TOURIST DESTINATION.
- FORMULATE PROGRAMS & PROJECTS FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE LOCAL COMMUNITY AS TOURIST ATTRACTIONS.
- DEVELOP INNATE TALENTS RELATED TO CULTURAL, SPORTS & ECONOMIC ENDEAVORS THROUGH PRESENTATION & COMPETITIONS.
- DEVELOP NEW PRODUCTS, ASSIST IN MARKETING AND PROMOTING THE PRODUCTS.
- DEVELOP POTENTIAL AREAS FOR TOURIST ATTRACTION & DESTINATION.
- ASSIST THE MUNICIPAL TOURISM COUNCIL IN FORMULATING PROGRAMS AND IMPLEMENT RECOMMENDATIONS.
- TO DEVELOP LOCAL TOURISM DESTINATION AND ATTRACTIONS TAPPING LOCAL RESOURCES AND NATIONAL FUNDS.
- ASSISTS MTC IN THE FORMULATION OF TOURISM PROGRAMS AND PROJECTS.
- ASSIST IN THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT CODE ON THE MATTER OF TAXING & LICENSING OF TOURISM RELATED ESTABLISHMENT IN THE LOCALITY, MONITOR & INSPECT TRE TO ASCERTAIN SAFE AND ENJOYABLE STAY OF TRAVELERS.
- HELP PROMOTE TALAVERA FOR CITYHOOD THROUGH TOURISM ACTIVITIES.
Visit us on our website: https://tourismtalavera.wixsite.com/talavera-tourism
Main Functions of PESO:
- The PESO shall provide LMI services. For this purpose it shall:
- Market and promote its services, through all forms of media, to all its labor market clients;
- Obtain a list of Job vacancies from employers at least on a monthly basis or as the need may arise, and require them to register and be accredited in the DOLE’s Phil-JobNet;
- Generate and maintain an updated registry of skills;
- Gather, collate, and process/analyze data or information on employment and investment trends, emerging markets, particularly labor supply and demand, and disseminate such data or information to labor market clients; and
- Provide information on licensed or authorized, blacklisted, suspended or cancelled private employment agencies and recruiters for local and overseas employment, and registered or delisted job contractors and subcontractors.
- The PESO shall provide referral and placement services for local and overseas as well as private and public employment in accordance with existing policies, rules and regulations, it shall:
- Undertake active sourcing of job vacancies;
- Evaluate qualifications of jobseekers in relation to wage employment options;
- Refer job seekers for appropriate employment assistance and monitor the result of such referrals; and
- Institute measures to ensure that recruitment and placement services, both for local and overseas, are in accordance with existing laws, rules and regulations.
- The PESO shall provide career advocacy and employment coaching services. It may partner with other service providers in the delivery of the following:
- Conduct pre-employment coaching, including values development and enhancement of work ethics, to prospective local and overseas jobseekers;
- Administer/conduct talent/skills assessment for jobseekers;
- Undertake employability enhancement trainings or seminars for jobseekers as well as those intending to change careers or enhance their employability; and
- Conduct orientation and training to perspective local and overseas jobseekers regarding rules and regulations on anti-illegal recruitment and human trafficking.
- The PESO shall facilitate the implementation and/or provision of livelihood and self-employment programs and services, is shall;
- Maintain and provide updated directory of government and non-government institutions with existing livelihood and self-employment programs, including the directory of lending institutions;
- Determine clients for interest for livelihood and self-employment undertaking;
- Refer clients for appropriate livelihood and self-employment/assistance and monitor the result of referral; and
- In coordination with DOLE Regional Coordinating Council (DOLE-RCC), facilitate the implementation of livelihood and self-employment programs and services.
Other Functions of PESO:
- In coordination with the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) and the National Reintegration Center for OFWs (NCRO), the PESO shall assist in providing re-integration assistance services to returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs).
- The PESO shall prepare and submit to the respective local Sanggunian or Council, through the LGU Committee on Labor and Employment, an annual employment plan and corresponding budget requirements including other regular funding sources and budgetary support of the PESO. It shall:
- Conduct an annual planning session to provide a basis for setting priorities, define objectives for a 12- month period, and to design strategies and programs to meet them.
- Prepare detailed budgetary requirements, present the same to the local Chief Executive who will submit it to the Local Sanggunian, for approval.
- Coordinate and promote the adoption of enrolled youth work programs such as SPES and GIP pursuant to Executive order no. 139 through Kabataan 2000 under the Office of the President as implemented by the DOLE and other agencies based on existing laws, rules and regulations. The PESO shall likewise encourage qualified employers to participate in the program.
- The PESO shall likewise perform other functions analogous to the above including programs or activities developed by the DOLE to enhance provision of employment assistance to clients, particularly for special groups of disadvantaged workers such as persons with disabilities (PWDs) and displaced workers.