In anticipation of warmer days ahead as per PAGASA’s forecast, here are some reminders to avoid any heat-related illnesses such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke:
1. STAY HYDRATED
– Drink more than 8 glasses of water or fruit juices.
– Avoid alcohol, sugary, and caffeinated drinks.
2. STAY COOL
– Limit or avoid prolonged sun exposure especially between 10AM to 4PM.
– Wear light-colored and loose-fitting clothes.
– Take a cool shower or bath.
– Apply sunscreen SPF 30+ every 2 hours.
-use a wide brimmed hat/cap or dark-colored umbrella for added protection against sun exposure.
3. STAY INFORMED
– Be aware of symptoms of heat-related illnesses such as heavy sweating, headache, dizziness, muscle cramps, and fainting and how to provide first aid.
– Be updated on the latest news for extreme heat alerts.
Let us all stay cool and safe this summer!